The Diary of Anne Frank
Thursday May 9, 4:00 pm - 6:15 pm*
Friday May 10, 4:00 pm - 6:15 pm*
*Auditions will be held in 45 minute time slots. Sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0f4fa4ac28a5f49-auditions
Did you know auditions for The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood are happening on the same day?
Check out some more info about that here!
ABOUT THE SHOW: A living, lyrical, gifted girl confronts her rapidly changing life and the horror of her time with astonishing honesty, wit, and determination. The Diary of Anne Frank captures the daily existence of the eight people hiding in that attic—their fear, their hope, their laughter, their grief.
A PRE-AUDITION WORKSHOP will be held Saturday, April 27 at 10 am. The audition workshop will take approximately 45 mins and will provide some basic audition coaching. Youth will receive an introduction to the stage area, a few vocal & physical exercises, and a “pep talk” for how to prepare for their audition. Youth should dress comfortably and be well-rested. If you have never auditioned for Festival Theatre, we highly encourage you to attend this workshop! Parents are urged to attend as well. Please register in advance for the PRE-AUDITION WORKSHOP through SignUpGenius at this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0f4fa4ac28a5f49-preaudition
WHO: We are looking for between 3 and 4 actors ages 13+. Two to three girls for the roles of Anne, Margot, and Miep. One boy for the role of Peter
The Diary of Anne Frank
2:00pm: 10/6, 10/12, 10/13, 10/19, 10/20
7:30pm: 10/5, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24, 10/26
**Additional yet-to-be scheduled student matinee dates not included
REHEARSALS for The DIary of Anne Frank will begin approximately the week of September 2nd. To aid us in creating a successful rehearsal calendar, please be as accurate and detailed as possible with known and potential conflicts on audition registration form. A complete rehearsal schedule will be made available to cast members at the first rehearsal.
What is needed for the AUDITION?
- PLEASE REGISTER in advance by email (preferred) or telephone for a specific audition time slot.
- TO REGISTER: sign-up for a timeslot through SignUpGenius at this link:
- A COMPLETED REGISTRATION FORM with all scheduling conflicts during the listed rehearsal and performance schedules. Registration forms can be received via e-mail or picked up at Festival Theatre.
- A RECENT PHOTO (headshot preferred – school photo is fine) and a list of any performance experiences, classes, or performance camps. Please attach the photos and list to the registration form. Photos will not be returned.
- PERFORM A MEMORIZED MONOLOGUE (30-45 seconds only – not longer). Choose a piece from a play, a poem, very short story, part of a story, or even a joke.
- ARRIVE FIVE TO TEN MINUTES EARLY FOR A PROMPT START. Late arrivals will be rescheduled if space allows. Arrive well-rested, dressed comfortably for movement, with a ready attitude for small group activities.
Can parents/guardians watch the auditions?
In order to provide a safe and distraction-free environment for all participating youth, we ask that youth NOT have their adults along in the audition space. However, if it seems essential to be present, one parent/guardian may request to be present at the back of the theatre and must be completely quiet. Siblings or friends who are not auditioning may NOT attend. Requests must be made at least six hours in advance of audition.