Miracle on 34th Street
Sunday September 23, 4:00 pm - 6:15 pm
Monday September 24, 4:00 pm - 6:15 pm
A PRE-AUDITION WORKSHOP There will be no pre-audition workshop for this audition.
WHO: We are looking for 4-5 youth actors. We have a strong need for a few actors between the ages 7-12. A couple of the roles could be for any youth actor between the ages 7-18.
Miracle on 34th Street
2:00pm: 11/25, 11/27, 12/2, 12/9, 12/16, 12/23
7:30pm: 11/24, 11/29, 11/30, 12/1, 12/2, 12/6, 12/7, 12/8, 12/13, 12/14, 12/15, 12/20, 12/21, 12/22
**Additional yet-to-be scheduled student matinee dates not included
REHEARSALS for Miracle on 34th Street will begin approximately Oct 29. To aid us in creating a successful rehearsal calendar, please be as accurate and detailed as possible with known and potential conflicts on audition registration form. A complete rehearsal schedule will be made available to cast members at the first rehearsal.
What is needed for the AUDITION?
- PLEASE REGISTER in advance by e-mail (preferred) or telephone for a specific audition time slot.
- TO REGISTER: e-mail or call the box office to register for the audition. Hours: T-F, 10 am - 3 pm
- A COMPLETED REGISTRATION FORM with all scheduling conflicts during the listed rehearsal and performance schedules. Registration forms can be received via e-mail or picked up at Festival Theatre.
- A RECENT PHOTO (headshot preferred – school photo is fine) and a list of any performance experiences, classes, or performance camps. Please staple the photos and list to the registration form. Photos will not be returned.
- PERFORM A MEMORIZED MONOLOGUE (30-45 seconds only – not longer). Choose a piece from a play, a poem, very short story, part of a story, or even a joke.
- ARRIVE FIVE TO TEN MINUTES EARLY FOR A PROMPT START. Late arrivals will be rescheduled if space allows. Arrive well-rested, dressed comfortably for movement, with a ready attitude for small group activities.
In order to provide a safe and distraction-free environment for all participating youth, we ask that youth NOT have their adults along in the audition space. However, if it seems essential to be present, one parent/guardian may request to be present at the back of the theatre and must be completely quiet. Siblings or friends who are not auditioning may NOT attend. Requests must be made at least six hours in advance of audition.