Sunday May 6, 4:00 pm - 6:15 pm*
Monday May 7, 4:00 pm - 6:15 pm*
*Auditions will be held in 45 minute time slots. Sign up through the box office
Did you know we're also having Cinderella auditions the same day at the same time?
Learn more about those auditions by clicking here.
A PRE-AUDITION WORKSHOP will be held Saturday, April 28 at 10 am. The audition workshop will take approximately 45 mins and will provide some basic audition coaching. Youth will receive an introduction to the stage area, a few vocal & physical exercises, and a “pep talk” for how to prepare for their audition. Youth should dress comfortably and be well-rested. If you have never auditioned for Festival Theatre, we highly encourage you to attend this workshop! Parents are urged to attend as well. Please register in advance for this workshop at the Festival Theatre Box Office by e-mail or telephone (see box office information below).
WHO: We are looking for between 2 and 6 actors ages 13+. Two to four girls for the roles of Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy. And one boy for the role of Laurie.
2:00pm: 10/7, 10/14, 10/21
7:30pm: 10/6, 10/11, 10/13, 10/18, 10/20, 10/25, 10/27
**Additional yet-to-be scheduled student matinee dates not included
REHEARSALS for Little Women will begin approximately the week of September 3rd. To aid us in creating a successful rehearsal calendar, please be as accurate and detailed as possible with known and potential conflicts on audition registration form. A complete rehearsal schedule will be made available to cast members at the first rehearsal.
What is needed for the AUDITION?
- PLEASE REGISTER in advance by e-mail (preferred) or telephone for a specific audition time slot.
- TO REGISTER: e-mail or call the box office to register for the audition. Hours: T, TR, F, 10 am - 3 pm
- A COMPLETED REGISTRATION FORM with all scheduling conflicts during the listed rehearsal and performance schedules. Registration forms can be received via e-mail or picked up at Festival Theatre. A physical copy of the registration form will be accepted at time of audition, not before.
- A RECENT PHOTO (headshot preferred – school photo is fine) and a list of any performance experiences, classes, or performance camps. Please attach the photos and list to the registration form. Photos will not be returned.
- PERFORM A MEMORIZED MONOLOGUE (30-45 seconds only – not longer). Choose a piece from a play, a poem, very short story, part of a story, or even a joke.
- ARRIVE FIVE TO TEN MINUTES EARLY FOR A PROMPT START. Late arrivals will be rescheduled if space allows. Arrive well-rested, dressed comfortably for movement, with a ready attitude for small group activities.
In order to provide a safe and distraction-free environment for all participating youth, we ask that youth NOT have their adults along in the audition space. However, if it seems essential to be present, one parent/guardian may request to be present at the back of the theatre and must be completely quiet. Siblings or friends who are not auditioning may NOT attend. Requests must be made at least six hours in advance of audition.