- For campers ages 7-13
- Monday-Friday, 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- At locations throughout the St. Croix Valley, register and pay here:
- Campers must provide a snack and water bottle
- Our fee: $50 per child for the week, all supplies provided
- Showtime! Our final performance is Friday at 11:30 am
- Create, rehearse, and perform in an original short play
- Design and paint the scenic backdrop for the play
- Create characters and an original costume design
- Choreograph, rehearse, and perform an original dance
- Learn about story structure and what makes for a good story
- Explore and experiment with the three actor tools (the voice, the body, and the imagination) through games and activities
- Collaborate, collaborate, collaborate
- Perform their play for a live audience of family and friends!!
To us, Art In Action! means empowering kids to take ownership of the creative process and put it into action!
Our two main goals: we want our campers to think of art as a verb. It’s something you do, not something you make. A process, not a product. When you focus on art as an action, then mistakes are less scary. And it's only through making mistakes that we can learn. We believe that practicing this mindset makes for better creative thinkers and better people!
In theatre, often called the collaborative art form, it’s easy to feel unempowered as an individual because you rely on so many other people. You first need to be cast, then you're told what to say and told what to do. But it doesn’t need to be that way. We want our campers to feel like they don't have to wait around to be cast in a play. They can write, produce, and star in their own show! They can be actor, director, producer, designer - an entrepreneur! How to ideate and originate your own work is among the most important professional skills you can learn.
Although the structure of the weeks will be nearly identical, each week with be a new adventure and campers are encouraged to sign up for multiple weeks.