Anne of Green Gables
Sunday January 20th, 4:00 pm - 6:15 pm
Monday January 21st, 4:00 pm - 6:15 pm
ABOUT THE SHOW: In this classic story, stern Marilla and her brother Matthew hoped to adopt a boy for their farm but are sent young, befreckled Anne by mistake, Her warmth and wit affect everyone around her- even Marilla. We follow Anne through her rebellious years to her transformation into a young woman.
A PRE-AUDITION WORKSHOP will be held January 18th at 6:00 pm. The audition workshop will take approximately 1 hr and will provide some basic audition coaching. Youth will receive an introduction to the stage area, a few vocal & physical exercises, and a “pep talk” for how to prepare for their audition. Youth should dress comfortably and be well-rested. If you have never auditioned for Festival Theatre, we highly encourage you to attend this workshop! Parents are urged to attend as well. Please register in advance for the PRE-AUDITION WORKSHOP through SignUpGenius at this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0f4fa4ac28a5f49-anne1
WHO: We are looking for 15-20 youth actors between the ages of 8-18.
Anne of Green Gables
2:00pm: 3/16, 3/17, 3/23, 3/24
7:30pm: 3/15, 3/21, 3/22
**Additional yet-to-be scheduled student matinee dates not included
REHEARSALS for Anne of Green Gables will begin approximately Feb. 18th. To aid us in creating a successful rehearsal calendar, please be as accurate and detailed as possible with known and potential conflicts on audition registration form. A complete rehearsal schedule will be made available to cast members at the first rehearsal.
What is needed for the AUDITION?
- PLEASE REGISTER in advance through SignUpGenius for a specific time slot.
- TO REGISTER: sign-up for a timeslot through SignUpGenius at this link:
- A COMPLETED REGISTRATION FORM with all scheduling conflicts during the listed rehearsal and performance schedules. Registration forms can be found at http://www.festivaltheatre.org/youth-and-family-series.html or picked up at Festival Theatre.
- A RECENT PHOTO (headshot preferred – school photo is fine) and a list of any performance experiences, classes, or performance camps. Please staple the photos and list to the registration form. Photos will not be returned.
- PERFORM A MEMORIZED MONOLOGUE (30-45 seconds only – not longer). Choose a piece from a play, a poem, very short story, part of a story, or even a joke.
- ARRIVE FIVE TO TEN MINUTES EARLY FOR A PROMPT START. Late arrivals will be rescheduled if space allows. Arrive well-rested, dressed comfortably for movement, with a ready attitude for small group activities.
Can parents/guardians watch the auditions?
In order to provide a safe and distraction-free environment for all participating youth, we ask that youth NOT have their adults along in the audition space. However, if it seems essential to be present, one parent/guardian may request to be present at the back of the theatre and must be completely quiet. Siblings or friends who are not auditioning may NOT attend. Requests must be made at least six hours in advance of audition.