Sunday May 6, 4:00 pm - 6:15 pm*
Monday May 7, 4:00 pm - 6:15 pm*
*Auditions will be held in 45 minute time slots. Sign up through the box office
- ABOUT THE SHOW: The popular story of Cinderella told by our local youth actors. Come remember the annoying stepsisters, the wicked stepmother, the charming prince, the enchanted evening and be inspired by Cinderella’s strength and indomitable spirit. This production is a remount of the 2011 original Festival Theatre adaptation written and directed by former Artistic Director Jaclyn Johnson.
- A PRE-AUDITION WORKSHOP will be held Saturday, April 28 at 10 am. The audition workshop will take approximately 45 mins and will provide some basic audition coaching. Youth will receive an introduction to the stage area, a few vocal & physical exercises, and a “pep talk” for how to prepare for their audition. Youth should dress comfortably and be well-rested. If you have never auditioned for Festival Theatre, we highly encourage you to attend this workshop! Parents are urged to attend as well. Please register in advance for this workshop at the Festival Theatre Box Office by e-mail or telephone (see box office information below).
WHO: We are looking for somewhere between 12 and 24 youth actors, ages 7 to 18.
7:30 pm : 9/7, 9/8, 9/13, 9/14, 9/15
2:00 pm : 9/9, 9/16
Possible student matinee (9:30 am performances) dates include: 9/11, 9/12, 9/13, 9/14
- REHEARSALS for Cinderella will begin approximately the week of Aug 13. To aid us in creating a successful rehearsal calendar, please be as accurate and detailed as possible with known and potential conflicts on audition registration form. A complete rehearsal schedule will be made available to cast members at the first rehearsal.
- PLEASE REGISTER in advance by e-mail (preferred) or telephone for a specific audition time slot. Form attached. A physical copy of the registration form will be accepted at time of audition, not before.
- TO REGISTER: e-mail or call the box office to register for the audition. Hours: T, TR, F, 10 am - 3 pm firstname.lastname@example.org OR 715-483-3387
- A COMPLETED REGISTRATION FORM with all scheduling conflicts during the listed rehearsal and performance schedules. Registration forms can be received via e-mail or picked up at Festival Theatre.
- A RECENT PHOTO & "RESUME" - (headshot preferred – school photo is fine) and a list of any performance experiences, classes, or performance camps. Please staple the photos and list to the registration form.
Photos will not be returned.
- PERFORM A MEMORIZED MONOLOGUE (30-45 seconds only – not longer). Choose a piece from a play, a poem, very short story, part of a story, or even a joke.
- ARRIVE FIVE TO TEN MINUTES EARLY FOR A PROMPT START. Late arrivals will be rescheduled if space allows. Arrive well-rested, dressed comfortably for movement, with a ready attitude for small group activities.
In order to provide a safe and distraction-free environment for all participating youth, we ask that youth NOT have their adults along in the audition space. However, if it seems essential to be present, one parent/guardian may request to be present at the back of the theatre and must be completely quiet. Siblings or friends who are not auditioning may NOT attend. Requests must be made at least six hours in advance of audition.