Sunday January 21st, 5:00 pm - 7:15 pm
Monday January 22nd, 5:00 pm - 7:15 pm
**Registration through the Box Office opens Dec 21**
A PRE-AUDITION WORKSHOP will be held Sunday, January 7th at 6 pm. The audition workshop will take approximately 45 minutes and will provide some basic audition coaching. Youth will receive an introduction to the stage area, a few vocal & physical exercises, and a “pep talk” for how to prepare for their audition. Youth should dress comfortably and be well-rested. If you have never auditioned for Festival Theatre, we highly encourage you to attend this workshop! Parents are urged to attend as well. Please register in advance for this workshop at the Festival Theatre Box Office by e-mail or telephone (see box office information below).
WHO: We are looking for somewhere between 12 and 24 youth actors, ages 7 to 18.
2:00 pm: 3/11, 3/18
7:30 pm: 3/9, 3/10, 3/15, 3/16, 3/17
**Additional yet-to-be scheduled student matinee dates not included**
REHEARSALS: for Peter Pan will begin Saturday, February 3rd. To aid us in creating a successful rehearsal calendar, please be as accurate and detailed as possible with known and potential conflicts on audition registration form. A complete rehearsal schedule will be made available to cast members at the first rehearsal.
What is needed for the AUDITION?
● PLEASE REGISTER in advance by e-mail (preferred) or telephone for a specific audition time slot. Registration will open one month prior to audition date (Dec 21st) Form attached.
● TO REGISTER: e-mail or call the box office to register for the audition. Hours: T-F, 10 am - 3 pm email@example.com OR 715-483-3387
● A COMPLETED REGISTRATION FORM with all scheduling conflicts during the listed rehearsal and performance schedules. Registration forms can be received via e-mail or picked up at Festival Theatre.
● A RECENT PHOTO (headshot preferred – school photo is fine) and a list of any performance experiences, classes, or performance camps. Please attach the photos and list to the registration form. Photos will not be returned.
● PERFORM A MEMORIZED MONOLOGUE (30-45 seconds only – not longer). Choose a piece from a play, a poem, very short story, part of a story, or even a joke.
● ARRIVE FIVE TO TEN MINUTES EARLY FOR A PROMPT START. Late arrivals will be rescheduled if space allows. Arrive well-rested, dressed comfortably for movement, with a ready attitude for small group activities.
Can parents/guardians watch the auditions?
In order to provide a safe and distraction-free environment for all participating youth, we ask that youth NOT have their adults along in the audition space. However, if it seems essential to be present, one parent/guardian may request to be present at the back of the theatre and must be completely quiet. Siblings or friends who are not auditioning may NOT attend. Requests must be made at least six hours in advance of audition.