April 15th thru May 12th
Sundays April 15th thru May 6 from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Saturday May 12th from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm (No class Mother's Day May 13th.)
$75 per actor
For adults (18+) and former students of the 2018 Spring Acting class or other Arts Education programs at Festival Theatre
Actors will be paired and assigned a short scene on the first day of class. The focus is to use these scenes to explore character development, clear story-telling, and creative space work while stretching one's abilities and developing new approaches to acting all in a safe classroom setting.
Outside memorization work and actor attendance each week is important to the success of this class.
Additional activities/areas of focus may include...
- Concentration, memory and ensemble building games
- Actor vocab - fun activities to better understand different acting concepts from some of the great acting teachers
- Individualized feedback in a safe and supportive environment
- Voice and diction work
- Impulse training through movement - how to react and express confidently and honestly in the moment and turn off your self-doubt.
- Scene work - practice analyzing a scene as a series of units, beats and actions and how to bring your actor choices to life
- Original scene work - make anything you can imagine come true with an original scene prompted by fun writing exercises
- Improv exploration
To sign up or for more information, contact Rachel Kuhnle at ArtsEdFestivalTheatre@gmail.com, or call our Box Office at 715.483.3387. Space is limited, so get in touch today!